Welcome to Lake Country Massage Therapy offering registered massage therapy in the heart of Lake Country.
With 15 years experience, Janet offers quality massage therapy unique to each individuals needs. She is able to assess and treat most musculoskeletal issues while reducing pain and offering relaxation.
- Myofascial therapy – A technique that works the soft tissues of the body, including muscles and connective tissue, and is helpful in treating injuries, immobile muscles or ongoing pain and decreases muscle tightness.
- Neuromuscular and trigger point therapy – Trigger points are hyper irritable spots within a tight muscle and can refer pain to another location of the body. Releasing the trigger point decreases or eliminates the pain.
- Muscle energy – A manual therapy using contract and relax techniques to decrease pain and balances the body structurally.
- Ligamentous Articular Strain Techniques – This is an osteopathic technique developed by William Sutherland and redeveloped by Robert Libbey. It is a way of treating the body by engaging the tissues and using the bodies’ innate healing mechanisms to heal the body. Specific pressure is used on the ligaments of the body to relieve their dysfunction and rebalance them.
- Cranial sacral therapy – A gentle hands on technique that releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole body health and performance. Practitioners release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system.
- Stress management and relaxation – many of the restorative and healing functions of the body occur in the influence of a relaxed state.
- Pregnancy massage – Excited and nervous…this is a wonderful time with lots of physical and emotional change. Not able to lie on your stomach anymore? No worries. I have special contour pillows for your comfort. There is a recessed area for the baby so pregnant women are able to comfortably lie on their stomachs right up until the delivery date. Massage is helpful for the additional strains put on the body.